ME221 Plug-n-Play ECU
Unleash the performance!
The ME221 MX-5 PnP is the latest plug-n-play Engine Management System for the 1999-2000 Mk2 (NB) MX-5 / Miata.
As used by us (from December 2015) for all BBR turbo conversions Mazda MX-5 1989-2005.
It supports the 1.6 and 1.8 model from the same hardware, and also fits the OEM case, which means the conversion installs tidily into the OEM position. The only extra thing you need to do besides plugging it in is run a MAP vacuum hose (supplied) from the ECU to the intake manifold.
- Uses the ME221 ECU Core (Freescale Automotive Processing Power)
- Supports all factory sensors.
- Truly Plug-n-Play : Supports both switched TPS and linear TPS conversions.
- 16×16 Fuel and Ignition Tables (with dual table switching)
- VE based fuelling algorithm.
- Run any type of high impedance injectors.
- DSP Knock Control
- in-built 21psi MAP sensor (or use your factory AFM)
- Closed Loop Boost Control
- Launch Control
- Fully Sequential on 1.8 version
- In the field regular FW updates and improvements
- Uses the powerful MEITE tuning studio.
- An open approach to firmware/software features.
- Supplied with rolling road certified and developed basemaps for either turbo or NA setups.
- You will need to remove your factory ECU.
- ME221 PnP Core Board
- Vacuum Hose
If you wish to run without a MAF sensor, then you will need to use the stock Intake Air Temperature Sensor – relocate it to the plenum if running a forced induction setup.
Fully Fitted: Please contact us for a fully supplied and fitted service including custom mapping on our in house dyno.
DIY: £537.50 to £559.16 +VAT