BBR NC STAGE 2 TURBO
(1.8 and 2.0-litre NC models only) +144bhp & 115lb.ft - >5 0-60
The highly acclaimed BBR Stage Two Mazda MX-5 NC (2005-2015) turbo upgrade
For MX-5 enthusiasts who demand even more performance than delivered by the BBR Stage One conversion, the BBR Stage Two Mazda MX-5 (2005-2015) turbo conversion is available. Clients who have chosen this conversion agree that it delivers astonishing performance with enough power to see 135i BMW’s, Boxster S’s etc. getting gradually smaller in the rear view mirror!
During our 2013 development, it became apparent that there was significantly more potential to be unleashed from the standard Mazda drivetrain than that achieved by the stage one conversion. The addition of an uprated clutch assembly allied with tried and tested BBR performance hardware enables our stage two conversion to cross the magic 300bhp barrier reliably whilst still maintaining (engine safe) low boost pressures.
Dyno testing has shown that the BBR Stage Two Maxda MX-5 turbo conversion produces a stunning 302bhp at 7350rpm with a mighty 254lb.ft of torque available at 4950rpm and an incredible 270bhp at the rear wheels on 2.0-litre models. These figures are achieved whilst still running very low and safe boost pressures of 0.65bar (9-10psi). In a car weighing around 1100 kilos, BBR Stage Two turbo conversion catapults the MX-5 firmly into supercar territory. On a 1.8-litre models, the figures are 264bhp and 232lb.ft of torque, endowing even the smaller engined MX-5 with fearsome pace.
For an idea of the fun provided by this conversion which offers 300bhp (30bhp more than our GT270 new car package), please view evo magazines BBR GT270 v Toyota GT86 TRD tack battle:
The Stage Two BBR MX-5 (NC) turbo conversion includes all of the parts listed in BBR Stage One conversion:
- BBR bespoke Garrett GT series ball bearing turbocharger (360bhp plus capability) – optional polished compressor cover available
- BBR bespoke cast iron exhaust manifold
- BBR stainless steel downpipe (optional BBR stainless steel performance exhaust available)
- BBR high-flow lightweight front mounted aluminium intercooler with factory look black intake pipes (polished and custom colour options available)
- BBR high-flow custom silicone turbo pipes in factory look black finish with stainless steel hose clamps and unique black coating (custom colour options available)
- BBR lightweight aluminium battery tray in factory black finish (custom colour options available)
- BBR Recirculating piston type dump valve in factory black finish
- BBR / Bosch MAP / Temperature sensor
- BBR / Bosch high flow fuel injectors
- BBR carbon fibre turbocharger heat shield
- BBR high flow airbox (carbon fibre option available)
- BBR stainless steel / Teflon oil and water lines
- BBR Starchip EcuTek calibration software with driver switchable modes (MK3.5 and later models only)
With the addition of:-
- K&N Air Filter
- NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
- BBR / ACT uprated clutch
- BBR MX-5 NC exhaust centre section
- BBR MX-5 NC Super Sport rear silencer
As with the stage one upgrade, no bodywork alterations are required and the conversion is fully reversible. The BBR Stage Two turbocharger conversion is available now for all manual transmission 1.8 and 2.0-litre 2005-2015 MX-5 (NC) models at a cost of £6695 on a fully fitted ‘drive-in, drive-out’ basis from BBR and selected BBR approved Mazda dealerships. The ‘DIY’ version, intended for export and competent mechanics, is also available for £5795.00, including comprehensive instructions and technical support (a fully refundable upon return ProEcu programming cable is required for installation). The BBR Stage Two turbocharger conversion carries a 12 month warranty.
Two years on and BBR is proud to still uphold it’s buy back offer:
Owners of BBR upgraded MX-5’s can also enjoy a unique ‘BBR buy back’ offer. We will offer the full current trade price for any 2005-2015 Mazda MX-5, plus 50% of the price of the BBR turbocharger conversion, providing that the rest of the car is standard or further BBR modified specification.
Note: To ensure maximum engine safety and keep our 100% reliability record with over 270 (approx. 65 supercharged conversions) forced induction NC MX-5 conversions intact, BBR elect to keep boost pressures below 10psi on the MX-5 standard engine.
Please note that it will take up to 4 weeks to dispatch goods depending on workload.
BBR NC STAGE 3 TURBO
(1.8 and 2.0-litre NC models only) Bespoke BBR Package
For clients who are looking for more than 300bhp, 14psi is where the serious fun starts! Our turbocharger and hardware supplied in our stage one turbocharged conversion is capable of 260-360bhp. Uprating the standard MX-5 engines pistons and rods for forged items (as well as crankshaft in earlier MK3 models) allows us to safely exceed 10psi of boost pressure.
A select handful of BBR clients have taken this option allowing us to deliver 350-360bhp on our standard turbo conversion hardware. With a change to our higher powered hybrid turbocharger, 370bhp+ is achievable. Running higher boost pressures than our low pressure stage one and two conversions an option for adjustable boost pressure is available. The performance of an MX-5 with this amount of power is simply insane. Please contact us for further details of our bespoke forged engine builds.