BBR ND STAGE 1 TURBO
(2.0-litre ND models only inc RF) +87bhp & 83lb.ft
The ultimate forced induction package for the 2.0 MX-5 ND
BBR has extensive experience of turbocharging MX-5 engines since the late 1980’s, this latest development completes our portfolio of turbo upgrades for four generations of Mazda’s iconic sportscar.
The key element of the Stage 1 turbo upgrade is the utilisation of a bespoke latest generation twin-scroll turbocharger. The BBR twin-scroll turbocharger features billet compressor wheel and lightweight, low inertia turbine in a compact internally wastegated assembly. This works in perfect harmony with the Mazda SKYACTIV-G engine’s ultra-efficient ethos, resulting in a highly efficient and responsive forced induction solution, with enhanced exhaust scavenging working as the original 4-2-1 Mazda SKYACTIV-G exhaust manifold.
The all-new ‘Stage 1’ turbocharger upgrade package increases power to a stunning 248 bhp at 7150 rpm, allied to an impressive 236 lb.ft of torque at just 3250 rpm. 0-60 mph time is slashed to 5.0 seconds, top speed is electronically limited to 155 mph, a consequence of its impressive 233 bhp per ton power to weight ratio.
Cleverly designed to install without intrusive mechanical or body alterations, the BBR Stage 1 turbocharger upgrade is straightforward to fit and reverse should clients wish to revert their car to standard or transfer the conversion at any time.
Key components of the BBR Stage 1 Turbo include:-
- BBR bespoke twin scroll hybrid TSX30-71R turbocharger including jet turbine specification fixings
- BBR bespoke cast iron twin scroll exhaust manifold
- BBR stainless steel downpipe
- BBR high-flow lightweight front mounted aluminium intercooler with factory look black intake pipes
- BBR high-flow custom silicone turbo pipes in factory look black finish with stainless steel hose clamps and unique black coating
- BBR lightweight aluminium battery tray in factory black finish
- BBR Recirculating piston type dump valve in factory black finish
- BBR / Bosch MAP / Temperature sensor
- BBR high efficiency carbon fibre turbocharger heat shield
- BBR high flow K&N Typhoon induction kit
- BBR stainless steel oil and water lines
- BBR Starchip EcuTek RaceRom calibration software
Available now, the Mazda MX-5 ND Stage 1 turbo package is priced at £4995.00 including ‘drive in, drive out’ installation at BBR’s Brackley premises by its qualified technicians and dyno power graph (A DIY version, including all hardware and software is also available priced at £4395.00).
Please note due to shipping restrictions a replacement standard sized battery is required (not included) in DIY purchases – Battery type is 159 available for approx. £50. This is included and supplied on an exchange basis for all fitted conversions.
For complete peace of mind BBR offers 12 to 36-month extendable warranty packages for Stage 1 customers.
Please note that it will take up to 4 weeks to dispatch goods depending on workload.