BBR NC SUPER 225
(2.0-litre NC models only) +67bhp & 28lb.ft
BBR’s Super 225 high power normally aspirated tuning package for 2005-2015 Mazda MX-5 2.0 models.
- The ultimate non-turbo tuning package from Mazda performance specialists BBR
- The package incorporates bespoke BBR developed 42mm shaftless AT power individual throttle bodies but retains the OEM Mazda ECU
- Produces a dyno proven 225 bhp @ 7900 rpm and 175 lb.ft at 4500 rpm
- OEM Mazda idle characteristics and electronic safety features are retained
- Can be retro fitted as complete package or as add-on upgrade for existing BBR Super 200 customers
The BBR ‘Super 225’ is an exciting upgrade that is the culmination of many months of in-house mechanical, electronic and chassis development. Available as a complete package for a drive in, drive out installation onto the stock 2.0-litre Mazda MX-5, or as a retro fit onto BBR Super 200 equipped cars, the BBR Super 225 is the ultimate normally aspirated parting gift for the hugely successful NC model.
The complete BBR Super 225 DIY upgrade for the 2.0i Mazda Mk3 / 3.5 and 3.75 MX-5 (NC) models consists of the following components:-
- BBR stainless steel 4 into 1 exhaust manifold
- BBR high performance intake and exhaust camshafts
- Drive by wire controlled direct to head shaftless AT Power individual throttle bodies
- Bespoke AT Power / BBR curved inlet extensions
- CNC machined 20mm alloy inlet ram pipes
- MAP block assembly (enabling OEM Mazda MAP sensor installation)
- BBR airbox and replacement OEM intake
- BBR Engine breather system
- BBR StarChip ECU remap and ProEcu hardware/software bundle
- BBR 3.5 inch diameter branded tailpipes with stainless steel clamps
- High flow BBR panel air filter
- BBR badges for front wings and bootlid
The results for the BBR Super 225 package are an impressive 224.9 bhp at 7900 rpm, a stunning gain of 67 bhp over the stock 2.0-litre MX-5’s 158 bhp output. But the peak power figure tells only half the story of the BBR 225’s driving experience, because over 150 bhp is available all the way from 4500 rpm to the 8000 rpm rev limiter, highlighting the flexible nature of the conversion.
The BBR 225 delivers a significant increase in torque output. The peak figure leaps to 175 lb.ft at 4500 rpm, some 28 lb.ft higher than the stock Mazda MX-5, with more than 150 lb.ft available from 3200 rpm to the 8000 rpm limiter, making the BBR Super 225 both faster and easier to drive.
Careful development by BBR ensure that the Super 225 package is fully UK MOT emissions compliant and will run on either 98 or 95 octane fuel, with BBR’s airbox and replacement OEM intake this is aimed at discrete clients and track day users to ensure noise limit compliance.
Owners of BBR Super 200 converted cars can migrate to this new level of performance for just £2695 fitted.
The Super 225’s BBR/AT Power independent throttle body package hardware is also available in isolation for any Mazda MX-5 NC engine, priced from just £1730.00 excluding VAT. For those seeking even greater normally aspirated power please contact BBR for details of their 2.0-litre, 2.3-litre or 2.5-litre high compression forged engine builds.
Note: for clients with left hand drive vehicles a BBR airbox is under development please contact us.
BBR ND SUPER 200 PRICES
PRICES EXCLUDE VAT
FOR FITTING AT BBR WORKSHOPS WE WOULD REQUIRE THE VEHICLE FOR X FULL DAYS