BBR NC SUPER 200
(2.0-litre NC models only) +47bhp & 26lb.ft
BBR’s Super 200 normally aspirated tuning package for 2005-2015 Mazda MX-5 2.0 models.
- Specifically designed to meet the demand for a value for money engine upgrade that delivers extra response, power, driveability and excitement, BBR has achieved power gains that were previously impossible using conventional normally aspirated tuning
- Gains an incredible 47 bhp & 26 lb.ft of torque, with power increases throughout entire rev range
- A thoroughly developed and well proven package that builds upon our entry level Super 180 and 185 upgrades by incorporating exclusive BBR hardware and further electronic development to deliver the first genuine 200 bhp normally aspirated conversion
- For everyday use, offering exceptional value for money
The BBR ‘Super 200’ DIY upgrade for the 2.0i Mazda Mk3 / 3.5 and 3.75 MX-5 (NC) models consists of the following components:-
In-house dyno testing has revealed that while other high profile new car packages fall considerably short of their 200 bhp claims, the BBR Super 200 upgrade is dyno proven to boost peak power to a genuine 205 bhp at 7750 rpm (202 bhp at 7300rpm for earlier MK3 models), a remarkable tested gain of 47 bhp, resulting in over 180 bhp at the rear wheels.
However, the Super 200 kit’s headline numbers only tell half of the story of the appeal of the new BBR package, because the spread of power is equally important. As a consequence diligent development by BBR has resulted in a pair of exclusive camshaft profiles with unique lift and timing specifications. These camshafts profiles are the result of extensive testing and combine with BBR’s 4-1 exhaust manifold plus extensive engine management recalibration create a package that delivers strong gains from just 3000 rpm upwards – standard power output is exceeded at every point in the rev range, making the Super 200 upgrade both a user-friendly and exciting prospect.
Similarly BBR has placed great emphasis on extracting more torque from the MX-5’s 2.0-litre, 16-valve powerplant to ensure that driveability and throttle response are superior to the stock car in all driving conditions. Highlighting the flexible performance of the upgrade, the BBR Super 200 equipped 2.0i MX-5 produces 167 lb.ft of torque (26 lb.ft more than the original,) with the peak figure arriving at just 4250 rpm, some 1100 rpm lower than the standard car.
Mindful of both costs and occupant comfort for high speed, long distance driving, the standard exhaust centre section, catalytic converter and rear silencer are retained with the BBR Super 200 upgrade, but the package includes a set of 3.5 inch branded stainless steel tailpipe trims which are adjustable to accommodate different bumper options on Mk3 / 3.5 / 3.75 models. In addition, exclusive yet subtle BBR wing and bootlid badging is included in the Super 200 upgrade.
Careful development by BBR has ensured that the Super 200 package is fully UK MOT emissions compliant and will run on either 98 or 95 octane fuel, with all the existing Mazda electronic fail safe systems untouched and fully functioning on converted cars.
On the road the extra torque, power and throttle response from the BBR Super 200 combine to produce an upgraded Mazda MX-5 which feels much quicker and far more willing, eager and exciting to drive than ever before – whatever the traffic, weather or road conditions.
2) Existing BBR customers with the BBR ‘Super 180’ or ‘Super 175’ package can upgrade to ‘Super 200’ plus specification for just £1495.00 fitted. Similar gains will be achievable for owners of MX-5’s upgraded using 3rd party performance aftermarket exhaust systems.